Follow @NSMinorFootball – please follow for updates, scores and other coaching info.
Coaches registration is free and must be done before stepping on the field.
To coach in the Spring Flag League at NSMF, you must have coached at North Surrey Minor Football in the previous Fall Tackle Season. This ensures that COCs, Insurance and Criminal Checks coverage is still valid. If you did not coach the previous fall season, you will need to get a Criminal Check and sign a Coaches Code of Conduct, as well as the approval from the NSMF executive.
Though you can have as many coaches as you want, only 2 coaches are allowed on the sidelines on game days. All other coaches and parents must watch from the designated areas, usually the end zones or bleachers.
The Head Coach will be responsible for:
- ensuring the roster has a min. 8 and max. 12 players.
- administration of the team (ask a parent to act as manager)
- setting practice times
- complete rosters to be handed in on time
If the above items are not all completed by the set deadlines, your team will not be entered.
Player Eligibility & Roster Makeup
- Rosters must have a minimum of 8 and maximum of 12 players.
- Team roster books are available at the clubhouse. As a NSMF Coach you have access to these books. Ask to view the books at the clubhouse.
- If you’re looking for one or two more players to fill your roster, there is a Player Pool List. Contact the Registrar to have the Player Pool list sent to you. These are unverified names and ages will have to be confirmed by the coach.
- If there are any players left on the Player Pool List, we may place them on any existing teams that have roster room.
There are plenty of athletes in our association, so please respect other coaches’ rosters and do not recruit players from existing teams.
Players will submit their jersey and shorts size when they register. I will use these sizes to order all the team jerseys. Jersey orders must be in by March 5th at the latest, in order to ensure jerseys are in time for the 1st Jamboree on April 20th. Coaches need to let me know if they have players that will not be able to register prior to March 5th.
We will be purchasing from Big Kahuna – in time for 1st jamboree
Balls, Cones, and Bean Bags
Normally we have some extra that teams can use until their team set comes in. Due to the fire, this is limited this year so if you have any left from last season that you can use for practice in the short term, that would be appreciated. I will be ordering these as soon as possible.
Where do I start?
If you are interested in coaching a team and need more information on how to get started, email the Registrar, and he’ll get back to you and answer all your questions.
a) The game is played with the VMFL approved game ball as indicated in Table T2‐A or as otherwise determined or approved from time to time by a Majority Resolution:
- U10 – Flag, Atom Size 5 K2
- U12 – Peewee Size 6 TDJ
- U14 – Junior Bantam Size 7 TDY
- U16 – Bantam Size 9 TDS Spalding J5V
- U19 – Midget Size 9 TDS Spalding J5V