- April 25, 2020 hosted by AFFA at WJ Mouat Secondary, Abbotsford
- May 2, 2020 hosted by CGFA at Townsend Athletic Park, Chilliwack
- May 9, 2020 hosted by CMFA at Town Centre, Coquitlam
- May 23, 2020 hosted by VWMF at UBC
- May 30, 2020 hosted by RMFL at Hugh Boyd Park, Richmond
- SUNDAY June 7, 2020 hosted by LMF at McLeod Athletic Park
- June 12-14 – Provincials, Kelowna, BC
What is it?
Spring Flag is a 5 on 5, non-contact flag football game that runs through the VMFL & BCCFA during the months of May and June. Each team made up of 10 to 12 players and games are played over 6 weekends with each weekend consisting of multiple games during the day, Jamboree style. After the 6 weekends, teams head to the Provincial Championships in Kelowna (U8-19) which take place over a full weekend at the beginning of June. All teams are entitled, but not required, to play in the Provincial Championships.
League Game Play (Jamboree Style)
Rules may vary at Provincial Championships.
- 5 vs 5 on the field.
- No kicking, blocking or contact.
- 25 minute games. No timeouts. No halftime.
- Field is 25 yds wide by 50 yds long. 10 yd endzones where possible.
- All offensive series start on team’s own 5 yd line.
- 3 downs to get to mid-field, then 3 more downs to get a touchdown.
- PATs: 1 pt from 5yd line, 2 pts from 12 yard line.
NSMF Spring Flag is mainly coach driven. Meaning coaches make their own teams by asking players to play for them. Anyone not asked to play can sign up on our Player Pool List. This list does not guarantee getting on a team, but gives coaches the opportunity to recruit anyone from the list to fill empty roster spots. If you have not been asked to join a team by a coach, there is a ‘Player Pool’, like a waiting list. Coaches looking for more players often look at the Player Pool, but being on the list does not guarantee a spot on a team. NS will use the player pool list to try to place everyone on a team. If there are 8 players (the minimum required for a team), then we will put them together as a team and recruit a few of the parents to coach and manage the team. If there are one or two players in an age group, will will place them on existing teams as long as there is room (maximum 14 players). If all teams at that age group are full and there are not enough left in the pool to make a team, we can try to contact other associations to see if they need players.
|A NSMF coach has NOT asked you to play →||Player Pool – CLOSED FOR 2020 SEASON|
|A NSMF coach HAS asked you to be on his team →||Register Online|
If a coach has NOT confirmed you are on his team, enter our Player Pool. Some fees are non-refundable and we cannot guarantee a spot on a team, so this is the first step in being placed on a team. NS will try to put teams together from this Player Pool but cannot guarantee placement.
If a coach HAS confirmed you are on his team, Register Online.
2020 Season Age Divisions
(U=Under) (year of birth)
- U8 - 2013/14/15
- U10 - 2011/12
- U12 - 2009/10
- U14 - 2007/08
- U16 - 2005/06
- U19 - 2002/03/04
Age is determined by how old you will be on Dec. 31st. It doesn't matter what month you were born in.
- Spring Flag Condensed Rules
- Spring Flag Rule Book
- Introduction to Flag Football
- Officials Cheat Sheet
- Officials Training Manual
Please contact the Registrar to discuss alternate funding (Kidsport) for Spring Flag.