To keep up with all the latest spring flag news at NSMF, Follow @NSMinorFootball on Twitter.
U10 – 2011/10/09
U12 – 2008/07
U14 – 2006/05
U16 – 2004/03
U19 – 2002/01/00
- Feb 13th – Application for Association Membership or Non-Member Endorsement from VFML Club due.
- Mar 3 – Jersey Orders due for delivery prior to the start of the VMFL season (using the supplied order form)
- Mar 23 – VMFL team registration due. Players must be registered by TBA
- Mar 30 – VMFL spring flag payment due (via cheque to the VMFL Treasurer)
- TBA – Spring Flag Referee Clinic – Time and location TBA
- Apr 28 – Jersey Orders due for delivery prior to the BCCFA Championship in Kelowna (using the supplied order form)
- Week 1 – April 14
- Week 2 – April 21
- Week 3 – Apr 28 – Newton Athletic Park
- Apr 29 – Midnight – FROZEN ROSTERS to VMFL – no players can be added after this
- Week 4 – May 5 – Hugh Boyd Park
- Week 5 – May 12
- May 25 – BCCFA Provincial Championship Fee due (via BCCFA website online) & Frozen rosters submitted to BCCFA
- Week 6 – May 26
- June 8, 9, 10 – Provincial Championship in Kelowna
Dates to be Finalized
- NSMF Coaches Meeting – General information meeting for our NS coaches.
- VMFL Coaches Meeting – This is going to be mandatory for all Spring Flag Coaches, Club Presidents and Spring Flag Coordinators
- Coaches Clinic – this will be a clinic for new and newer coaches to give some suggestions for running practices and games.
- Referee Clinics – we will be booking two other referee clinics, likely at UBC and SFU. Dates and times to be confirmed once these have been set up.
- Commissioner Training – This will be mandatory for two people from each club for the 2018 Spring Flag season. This will likely run in conjunction with one of the Referee Clinics.
Quick Notes for 2018
- Flags are regulation and will be purchased from Big Kahuna with the rest of the league.
- U10 will be 4 downs instead of 3. 1 coach allowed on field for first 3 jamborees.
- Defence must give 1 yd bubble around Offensive Centre.
- Once ball has passed LOS, all non-ball carriers, must stop.
- VMFL has passed a motion that VMFL Spring Flag Teams will freeze their rosters at midnight following the week 3 jamborree. These frozen rosters will apply to VMFL jamborees only (we have not heard anything from the BCCFA on frozen rosters).
- All teams are entitled, but not required to participate in the Provincial Championships. Must declare either way by week 3.
- Teams must consist of a minimum of 8 players. Maximum 12 at NSMF. (There is no max for league/Provincials)
- No import rule/limit.
- Registration Fee: TBD. Includes: Jersey, Shorts. Please note there is no Alternate Funding for Spring Flag.
- Jerseys – expected delivery before 1st jamboree, if ordered by March 3rd. Jerseys must have a clearly identifiable club name or club logo on the front, and a number that is a minimum of 12” high and is a contrasting colour to the jersey. Teams must have a “home” jersey and an “away” jersey that is an alternate colour from the “home” jersey.
- If a player has not been asked to play by a coach, there is a ‘Player Pool’, like a waiting list. Coaches looking for more players often look at the Player Pool, but being on the list does not guarantee a spot on a team. NS will form teams from this list when enough players from one age group sign up. If only a few sign up in an age group, we will try to place on an existing team where room permits.
- Girls can play a division down from their age. Girls Teams will play a division down and be re-seeded if necessary as the season goes on.
Online registration is now open.
Registration cost is $208 total.
$11 Football Canada (separate registration), plus
$197 NSMF site (includes BCCFA and BCPFA memberships).
Parents must register or renew their child’s Football Canada Membership on the Football Canada website prior to registering your child on our site. Once you complete the Football Canada registration, you will receive an email confirmation (from firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the Football Canada Registration ID. You will need to enter this number in the Spring Flag Registration process.
All players should register online. Registration online must be paid by Credit Card or Visa Debit.
We do not usually accept Kidsport for Spring Flag because it is such a short season, and it usually takes longer to get the approval. If coaches have parents that need to use KS, please have them reach out to me so I can review and provide instructions to the parents. These parents will have to come to park to register in person.
We will have 3 in person registration dates at the Pavillion at Bear Creek from 10:00 am to 12 noon each of the following days:
- Feb 25th
- Mar 4th
- Mar 18th
Football Canada – All players need to register or renew their Football Canada Membership annually. This needs to be done on the Football Canada website and costs $11. This needs to be done outside of your NSMF Football Registration.
If a coach has NOT confirmed you are on his team, enter our Player Pool. Some fees are non-refundable and we cannot guarantee a spot on a team, so this is the first step in being placed on a team. NS will try to put teams together from this Player Pool but cannot guarantee placement.
If a coach HAS confirmed you are on his team, Register Online.
BCCFA Director of Spring Flag Football: Matt Macri
Potential referees must be at least 14 years old.
All people wishing to ref this year must attend a clinic, even if you have reffed before. Note: to attend a clinic you must register with Jayne Ogundehinde at email@example.com. All relevant information will be covered in the clinics.
Player & Coach development online videos